Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Green in ENVY

I scored a deal on new snowboard pants. Wicked awesome! Bright green super waterproof and breathability! They were $119 and 30% off. I was too scared someone else was going to buy them so I jumped to the opportunity. That's the sad part of the story....

Cashier "your total is $41.23"
Me "that's it? Oh man I am so glad I bought these today that's a steal. I thought 30% of $119 was a good deal!!! Yay yay yay"
Cashier "oh you're right! Your total is $91.85"
Me "wait what just happened? Are you serious?"
Cashier "yeah sorry I thought you got them off a different rack"
Me " " paid him in silence.
It was such a good deal untill the realization it could have been the best deal of the century. Now it's hard to be excited. I keep dwelling on honesty vs a wicked sweet price.

Moral of the story kids: it doesn't pay to know math!

PS the pic provided does NOT give these awesome pants justice!
See ya on the hill

1 comment:

Laura Lee said...

One time I was buying toilet paper at Albertsons and the guy tried to charge me the non-sale price. I told him, "Wait...I thought this was on sale." He looked it up, told me I was right and then cleared the register and told me to take the toilet paper and have a good day. Apparently they have a policy that if they try to charge you the wrong price for something, you get it for free.

I keep waiting for that to happen to me again.