Saturday, January 17, 2009

AFI, it's complicated

Hey-ooo

On my work trip to Moab, not the fun trip with Luke, I took these videos. They are now loaded. So Please enjoy these next few videos.....you will find a beauty of YouTube of Dre. Yes, that drive was sooo annoying alone I have a few segments where I try to comprehend WHAT afi is saying in their songs. I love the music but I am so confused on the meanings. What? what? So I attempted to figure it out.




Real Lyrics:

"Open my eyes as I submerge and I won't deny what I've been since birth.
I'll die drowned by your standards.
Breathe in the life of the summmer's death as the orange and red breathe their first breath,
so welcome as they're burning through. We all begin to burn.
Autumn's flame dance's in my eyes"



Real Lyrics:
"We all begin to burn. Autumn's flame dance's in my eyes Set alight for all we've learned. My ashes falling. My skin is singed but it heals my heart and with glowing pride I'll wear my scars."




Real Lyrics:
"I know... It's here we retreat, for where else could we go?
To great disbelief there is somewhere we belong.
In negative space supposed flaws go unseen, but our strength is shown.
In darkness together we're bringing the light. In darkness together we are forming.
The fire tomorrow is born of the night, in darkness together we ignite.
From all we've been shunned but we found a new home.
To great discontent it is greatness that we own.
In luminous eyes, reflections of fear absolute...
All hate what we've become. In darkness together we're bringing the light.
In darkness together we are forming. The fire tomorrow is born of the night, in darkness together we ignite.
Through our will we bring fear."



Real Lyrics:
"Through our bleeding, we are one.
Through the darkness breaks the light.
Through the light unending pain.
Deify the wretched ones till the darkness comes again."

I'm deaf, or dumb but hopefully you enjoyed.

2 comments:

Laura Lee said...

So this post is only 2 of 6 on my reader this morning, and the day is still young, but this is so far my favorite thing today.

Maria said...

Yes Dre, it is true:

We all get the jitters fighting the night. Go and praise the light!!