Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Chicago Update!

So I'm at ginos East pizza place. The best deep dish in Chicago. I'm alone so I have 30 mins to kill as I watch the Olympics waiting for my 20 dollar 4 slice pizza. But from what I hear its so good you want the pizza's autograph. Which is weird cuz pizzas don't have hands! Bonus-im listening to the clash.

So Chicago. I'll start with now and work my way backwards.
Now is ginos. Its like the real version of the pie! the pie compared to this place is like a miada to a ferrari. Real deal. Even the manager is obese so its that good!
Before that I tried to take the train here. Unlike NY the trains here suck at providing info to get where you are going and the web site blows!!!
So the second I got off the train I jumped into a cab. 7 bucks worth it! My life is worth 7 bucks. The city is very beautiful and surprisingly very clean. Get this even the homeless people have jobs! They'll point you in the right direction then ask for a tip! In fact we were so lost on the trains yesterday and no employee could help us. But the bums are quick and right! So the cab driver is so nice I told him he should join me for pizza. He was sad cuz he said I am a very pleasant person and would enjoy my company. I got his number in case I need a ride home. Wow the song from flash dance just came on. Whoa time warp. Okay so the trains suck. Before that I was at the hotel...
The hyatt is so lovely. They even have an airline check in kiosks. And automated check in for the hotel! My room is small but perfect. I took pics. Let see its pretty room with king bed. Shower instead of tub shower ihome for your ipod! How great is that? I was able to charge and rock out in my room while I cruised the internet. This is great cuz I don't have itunes on my laptop. Weird I know. The other cool thing about my room is the entire wall is a window. No view but so much light! And finally I can sleep naked! After all this time with the fam and sharing a room I'm alone!

Update-i just got my pizza. They were wrong. I don't want its autograph- I want it to KISS MY BABY!
So before the hotel there was the drive to return the car and drop someone off at the air port. Thank the preludes for GPS system for the car. Totally worth every penny!
Before that a friend from the conference and I found Al capone's hide out! Again thanks for the GPS cuz its hard to find. They converted it into a restaurant and it wasn't open but there is a lake pond like body of water there and the trees are amazing. So cool we found that. Some random girl we met on the train suggested it.

Before that was the conference. I think I made friends with the more important people there which I feel is a great career move and build up my program.
Before that was the day before. I ended the night hot tubbing with my new friends after we got back from the Sox Sox game. The game was great. I talked two guys almost 3 to join me. So glad I did. It was over an hour train ride into town then another 30 to the stadium. And we got lost on the way home so I felt good having two guys with me. It was that train that we met angelina! Such a nice nurse with a thick accent. She said if she wasn't working she would stay and hang with us the next few days! She was the one who recommended ginos the pizza place I'm eating at. She was great. Before that was confernce stuff. Before that I just got to Chicago and spent Sunday night checking up on emails and im-ing people cuz I was depressed and lonely. You didn't help that night either btw!!! The whole gamut of emotions of leaving my family stressed about this confrence scared to be in Chicago alone and Josh had surgery and I hadn't heard from him in a week. And then I called you and you were so not sensative about the ex story. But whatever.
Let's see. I'm done eating pizza and riding the train back to the hotel. Let's sound the trumpets that I found the train again thanks to the homeless man cuz that means 2 bucks instead of 30. But as I was wrapping up at ginos a bunch of 40yr old business guys come in. I have a great chat with one about Mormons and he was sweet. He wanted me to come ride the limo with them on their way to the strip joint. But limos are dumb and I was pretty lost as is. And the other crazy thing is as I returned my rental I became friends with one of the guys there also talking about mormonism. I got his number so he could show me around town when he got off work but didn't work out. We tried though. Really nice guy. Hope we stay friends.

So I think you are caught up.

Things about Chicago: its clean like really clean for a city and comfortably lit. The cab drivers are nice. Everyone is nice! Everyone wants to hang out or be your bff. Even the bums are nice and want to be your friend. The train system is like reading air cuz there are never maps around!! People in Chicago don't know where anything is. Not even local distances. If you are in walking distances of you place people still can't give directions. The city shuts down shortly after 10. Stores everything. I can head crickets in the city. There was also a weird sound like the langeliers were coming. Or a weed wacker for a midget. The city is safe. It feels safe and people say its safe. Still need to take precautions though. My theory is the city goes to bed at 10.30 so its too early for trouble to happen. The city is gorgeous! If I could get used to the trains and the awful accent I could move here. I'll see what tomorrow brings!

And I typed this whole thing on the pearl.

Have a good day! Hugs!


Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

1 comment:

Maria said...

I love Chicago too. I also love that you made so many SFFs in Chicago - I'm not surprised