Saturday, August 9, 2008

Oregon - final day

Mostly emotions all day:

Wake up: exhuasted and annoyed I have to get up. Annoyed I can't get george to get up.
Morning: Depressed, I'm leaving my family tonight to head off to
Chicago. Stressed because I'll be in Chicago by myself and worried I
might get lost or waste my time. Angry I will not get any sleep
tonight.
Afternoon: Cheerful trying to use my time I still have to my
advantage, but I am progressively getting annoyed with my family.
Afternoon at the Salvation army: Nauseous! It's worse than DI.
UNTIL....I found the coolest wedding dress that I wanted to buy as
part of a kick bum halloween costume. It looked like Gina Davis dress
from beatlejuice. It was $75 so I didn't get it but doesn't mean I'll
stop looking for cool creepy dresses when I get back.
Afternoon looking for a radio shack: Tired, I didn't sleep well last
night and I won't tonight. But radio shack ended up in a mall outlet
that I entertained myself at Zumies. Happy I got a new hoodie.
Driving back: Learning more about how george is a liberal
Early evening: I want a nap but the olympics is on....
The olympics: A flood of emotions and memories rush through my body as
I watch the swimmers compete. I miss it so much, it was me for so
long, I was good at one point, I hated to compete at the time but miss
it so much. I wish I could compete again, I wish I had the training
still. I have excitement for the win and admiration for the athletes.
I see them and relate, I know the smell, I know the sound, I know the
feel of the cold water, the fight to breath, the cholrine tangleing
your hair under a cap. The buttlerflys before the jump, the speed of
the flip turns, I hate that I miss it!

I best be going now. I'll call you from Chicago.

No comments: